OUR SCHOOL MOTTO is Emunah V'da’at - Faith and Knowledge and is the cornerstone of the philosophy of Carmel. This motto is displayed prominently on the school crest.
Am Yisrael Chai
We aim to to educate our youth in traditions of modern Orthodox Judaism and Zionism and to provide a high quality educational program across the board.
(a) The Jewish ethos of the School is respected and enhanced.
(b) The teaching shows the relevance of the content and stimulates student interest.
(c) The curriculum content and its level of sophistication are appropriate to the abilities and levels of knowledge of the students. Provision is made for students with special needs.
(d) The progression of students towards independence as learners is fostered. Students are encouraged to accept responsibility for their own educational progress.
(e) Student progress is monitored carefully. Weaknesses are systematically identified and remedied.
(f) Classroom behaviour management is firm but fair. Students are respectful, not fearful. The dignity of the individual is respected at all times. Student self-esteem is promoted
We are guided by:
• a belief in Hashem and a love of learning of Hashem’s world and everything within it;
• a commitment to Torah values and Talmud Torah (learning of Torah);
• a commitment to K’lal Yisrael;
• respect for all Hashem’s creations and the desire for the advancement of all of humanity and the environment.
Consistently with and in the context of those guiding principles we are, further guided by the following more specific set of values:
• Connectedness - Developing a sense of community through friendship, care, compassion, co-operation, acceptance, belonging and sharing.
• Resilience - Recognising strengths and maximising potential; developing self-management, self-confidence and self-respect, and nurturing optimism, perseverance and well-being.
• Achievement - Attaining personal success in a range of human endeavours, pursuing individual excellence and displaying pride and satisfaction in personal achievement.
• Creativity - Valuing original ideas, demonstrating enterprise and innovation, and engaging with and responding to the aesthetic qualities of the natural and constructed world.
• Integrity - Acting honestly, ethically and consistently.
• Responsibility - Accepting both individual and collective responsibility and contributing to sustainable community development.
• Equity - Developing tolerance and a commitment to social justice, acknowledging diversity, respecting difference and encouraging distinctiveness.
We share the purpose of ensuring our students are:
• Learning to relate, participate and care;
• Learning to live full, healthy lives;
• Learning to create purposeful futures;
• Learning to act ethically;
• Learning to learn;
• Learning to think, know and understand;
• Learning to identify with their Jewish heritage.