Carmel School welcomes high-performing candidates from a broad spectrum of backgrounds.
We proudly employ a diverse range of staff. All staff are expected to embrace the vision and ethos of the school. When positions are available, they are listed below.
At Carmel School, we take child protection very seriously. We are committed to child safe practices and all staff and volunteers must adhere to our Staff Code of Conduct. All candidates for roles at Carmel School are subject to screening and assessment against child safety standards as a part of our recruitment process.
Teachers looking to be added to our relief teacher list should email email@example.com with a cover letter and CV.
Head of Community Engagement & Development
For 63 years, Carmel School has had the primary responsibility for educating the Jewish students of Perth and ensuring the future of our community. If you are seeking a purposeful, exciting and challenging role that directly impacts the Perth Jewish community and improves the lives of our current and future students and their families, then this job could be for you.
Core responsibilities include:
- Lead and drive alumni engagement and re-engagement with the School
- Create and implement a fundraising strategy for the School
- Develop, implement and maintain a community engagement plan
- Oversee events that link directly to the above goals
- Skills, Experience and Background
You will be suitably qualified and experienced, with an established track record of community engagement and fundraising outcomes. Dynamic, creative and full of the energy and warmth necessary to build a team and make strong connections with the community, you will exhibit absolute confidentiality, honesty and integrity at all times.
Employee Value Proposition:
An attractive package of remuneration, benefits and conditions will be negotiated with the successful applicant, including reasonable relocation expenses if required to relocate to Perth. The role can involve flexible, hybrid working arrangements for the right candidate and includes six weeks’ annual leave (pro-rata), to be taken during school holidays.
For the right candidate, Carmel School offers the benefits of:
- A friendly, supportive and community focused environment
- The opportunity to shape the strategy for the School and develop this new area.
How To Apply:
Please email your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should include:
- A cover letter of no more than 2 pages
- A curriculum vitae of no more than 4 pages
- A one page summary of your thoughts and ideas on how you would approach this role as a new position for the School.
Please see the Position Description for more information. The School reserves the right to appoint a suitable applicant at any time during the recruitment process.
Book a Tour
The best way to get to know us is to visit. Book a tour of our school today.